Good Times, Old Friends ......  

Posted

On Saturday night we attended a wedding reception for Adam & Amanda Detrich. We spent the evening with my oldest and dearest friend, Carol and her family.

Carol and I have been friends for 30 years. Yikes, I am telling our age. Sorry, Carol !

Carol and I both moved to Troy our freshman year of High School. I remember meeting her in Biology class. Well it so happened not long after I moved there that my cousin ask me to go with him to pick up his date. It so happened to be Carol. Well the date didn't work out but little did we know that we were in for a lifetime of fun !

We have sailed through years of marriage, children, grandchildren, professions but most of all great friendship ! Every milestone we encountered we encountered together.

Carol and I both have very busy lives and we don't always get to see each other as much as we would like but we always pick right up where we left off.

As growing up our kids thought they were cousins and Brett said from early on he would marry Christine :) But Christine had different plans, right Josh !

But probably our biggest joy in life for the both of us has been our grandchildren. I remember five years ago we had gone to Chicago for a shopping trip. Carol and I were walking down Michigan Avenue and we were trying to decide who would be the first grandparent but five grandchildren later we are now wondering whom will end up with the most. I think I have the advantage I have four to her two so my numbers may calculate more. :)

Carol, thanks for the great memories !!



This entry was posted on 6/22/08 at Sunday, June 22, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment